League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Updated NCAA Rules

By jabillups85 - League Admin
11/11/2022 11:14 am
Roster Info
Just like in real college football there will be NO TRADING in our league.

10th year: RS 5th year Graduate season
11th year: 5th year Graduate season (Final Season with team)
*Teams will be required to cut any player in their 11th year before the Season Ending spin after championship. This will allow all players eligible to transfer a full three weeks to make their decision. Any player cut due to graduation (11 or 12 years of experience) after the 12th week of the season is not eligible to picked up by ANY team.
12th year: A Player in his 12th year may transfer to any school except the school he graduated from in year 11. You can either cut him before the season ending spin like other 11 year players or you can wait til the next season and cut him before first game.
13th year and up: All players in their 13th year or more are ineligible to play for any program.

***EXCLAIMER***
While making roster cuts never go below the mandated 45 player roster limit or the AI will sign players to long term contracts that could impact future salary cap. If you have to cut guys that will make you go below 45 I advise you to sign a minimum salary free agent to just be a roster holder til after season.

*Transfer players: Will transfer to the highest bidder and are only eligible to play one season. Then the player will be put on the ineligible players list.
*Walk Ons: Any player 12 years or under of experience can walk on to the highest bidding program and will be subject to the same rules as drafted players.
*Scholarship revoked: If a player is released of his scholarship he will go into a waiver pool where other schools(worst to first) can try to sign him for the remainder of his scholarship.

2-day Draft - Saturday and Sunday

4.5 Exploit Rules

One thing I have always enjoyed about this league is that the owners are super competitive but try to stay within the rules. This league has always been a place with unique rules. Now that we are staying 4.5, I need to establish some more ground rules.

Don't use speed as an exploit!!!!

No offense/defense 2 way players, No WRs at RB - except for depth. No LBs at Dline and No DBs at LB, except for depth. You can switch players positions but they need to be close to the proper weight to play at the new position. ie.. A WR is switched to RB, they will need stay on the WR depth chart until they make weight.

Be careful with overrides. They aren't outlawed but you can only override the same position so if you override a LB....it has to be a LB. If you override a FB or TE....it has to be a FB or TE.

Punt Block Exploit:

1. No CB, FS, SS, WR, RB, or any player under 220# in weight is permitted to be in the ST Rushers depth chart or manually overridden into the front 4 linemen.

2. Interior Wing Rushers (ST Gunners in depth chart), Outside Bullets and the punt returner are GMs' choices, and do not have any restrictions regarding player positions and attributes.

If you have any questions, please ask!

jabillups85 (Jon)

Re: Updated NCAA Rules

11/11/2022 11:19 am
v4.5 League Punt Block Rule

I copied this from MFN league. Thanks CrazySexyBeast.

Here it is, owners!

The final version:
1. No CB, FS, SS, WR, RB, or any player under 220# in weight is permitted to be in the ST Rushers depth chart or manually overridden into the front 4 linemen.

2. Interior Wing Rushers (ST Gunners in depth chart), Outside Bullets and the punt returner are GMs' choices, and do not have any restrictions regarding player positions and attributes.

We did our very best to be as simple and fair as possible. Many thanks to Tarquin and loanBlood for their assistance in the fine tuning.
Please keep in mind that these Punt Block rules will only be in place for v4.5 or until JDB issues a patch, which comes first.
May one of them come soon!
I understand those of you who do not like the idea of having a rule that dictates players allowed within a formation. I am one of those people.
I ask that you stay with the league through these "difficult and trying times" (hehehe) as we follow the majority will of all of our GMs.
Thank you!

Re: Updated NCAA Rules

11/11/2022 11:24 am
Max Contract Rules Clarification Moving Forward (PLEASE READ)

To clarify, this means that in future contracts, if offering a max contract, you cannot change base or bonus values to be higher than the max allowed by the sliders. This will allow for good competition when signing the top tier players since a max contract allows everyone who bid one a chance at the player.