The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Free Agency

By Bryson10
1/06/2019 2:57 pm

• Remember any player in his 12th year that you sign is only eligible for one season on your team and then he will graduate. So you can sign this player for however many years you want but after you cut him the bonus will prorate to your dead cap. You can only sign a 12th year player if he graduated (11th year) from a different school than your own. So you can't have a player you just cut after his 11th year come back for his graduate year(12th year).

• 11 Year players are in the same boat as 12 year players except you must cut them prior to the end of season (once your team is eliminated in bowl season). This makes it a little different for your cap situation. So while you can offer longer contracts than guys are eligible it may take a toll on your cap when you cut them early. So bid at your own peril, but also remember that it's a smart strategy to offer more years than eligible if you are in a bidding war. Caps are starting to get tight so be smart and think about the ramifications.

• Any player under 10 years is free to sign and are eligible through their 11th season.

• Remember that since our Transfer window is only three weeks players are more prone to sign much quicker than in conventional leagues so slow playing recruits can be unsettling.

• Good luck on all the recruiting, this should be one of the most exciting offseasons we've had in a while!!

Re: Free Agency

By hchoudhry17
    1/06/2019 6:20 pm

By Michael77
    1/06/2019 6:43 pm
    Can I add that before you look to recruit players, it would be wise to look at the players currently on your own roster and first resign who you want (according to the rules) because just resigning your own players is gonna affect your cap space. Certainly, you do not want to do this after you recruit different players to your roster. Because if you wait until after free agency, then you may not get to resign your current team members if you like to use up a lot of the salary cap.
    Last edited at 1/06/2019 6:47 pm

By jabillups85 - League Admin
    1/07/2019 9:14 am
    Slim pickings again!! This league is brutal!

By Bryson10
    1/07/2019 11:02 am
    Just wanted to remind all Athletic Directors that if you bid a max deal on a player don't manually adjust the signing bonus to outbid people. This is a huge bug that i deem as cheating. So if you do this you will lose the player and take the whole bonus as dead cap. I want all owners to be on the same field when it comes to transfers. If multiple teams put up a max offer i want it to be the player's choice (just like in real college) to make a decision. This has happened in the past and has happened in other leagues and i want to keep it out of NCAA going forward. If you have any questions about it just post or pm me. thanks :)

By vcr5150
    1/07/2019 4:28 pm
    Bryson10 wrote:
    Just wanted to remind all Athletic Directors that if you bid a max deal on a player don't manually adjust the signing bonus to outbid people. This is a huge bug that i deem as cheating. So if you do this you will lose the player and take the whole bonus as dead cap. I want all owners to be on the same field when it comes to transfers. If multiple teams put up a max offer i want it to be the player's choice (just like in real college) to make a decision. This has happened in the past and has happened in other leagues and i want to keep it out of NCAA going forward. If you have any questions about it just post or pm me. thanks :)

I guess I'm the only one not sure about this.....

You request for us to not manually adjust the signing bonus - do you mean the slider? Are we expected to leave the bonus at the default %age? and are not supposed to slide it up or down? Or are you talking about where we can manually change the "base" of the offer contract?

Thanks in advance.

By Bryson10
    1/07/2019 4:36 pm
    No use the slider like normal, there’s a way to manipulate a contract manually that only some owners know how to do. It makes it so you get a player every time and that’s why I want to stop people from doing it. If you have never done it then just carry on as normal, the owners that do it will understand. I want us all to be on a level playing field bidding on players :)

By Michael77
    1/07/2019 6:06 pm
    Bryson10 wrote:
    No use the slider like normal, there’s a way to manipulate a contract manually that only some owners know how to do. It makes it so you get a player every time and that’s why I want to stop people from doing it. If you have never done it then just carry on as normal, the owners that do it will understand. I want us all to be on a level playing field bidding on players :)
    No worries Bryson, I couldn't do it if I wanted to anyway. ;) lol

By Bryson10
    1/07/2019 10:01 pm
    remember everyone to not sign anyone of 13 years or more of experience. They are all not eligible and you will just have to cut them after signing them. so go through and check all your offers and make sure you didn't mistakenly put an offer on someone too old :)

By Garrok
    1/07/2019 11:26 pm
    Im having some trouble trying to put in a bid for a Head Coach

Any idea why it’s not letting me put in an offer for a Bryson 10 as my new Head Coach?